World Words is hiring! We are on the lookout for an assistant editor to work part-time alongside our editorial team.
We are looking for a talented and experienced content editor and writer with a deep-rooted passion for travelling. You must be able to sub-edit and write original, informative and inspiring travel content (including feature articles, blog posts, travel guides, website copy, itineraries and press releases) for an international portfolio of clients. And you should relish the flexibility of working two days a week to your own schedule and in the place of your choice.
Does this sound like you? Then scroll down to read the job advertisement in full, before sending in an application.
Assistant Editor for Travel Content Writing Agency
The expert travel content writing agency World Words is looking for an experienced, highly skilled, flexible and friendly assistant editor to join our expanding travel content team.
You will work remotely and will report directly to our editorial team, based in the UK and North America. You will commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week, in which you will sub-edit and write high-quality content to meet the individual requirements and exacting standards of our clients.
As an assistant editor, you will:
• Commission writers around the world for content briefs.
• Sub-edit the content delivered by these writers to ensure they adhere to strict briefs. This may include travel articles, blogs, guides, itineraries, web copy, brochures, press releases etc.
• Write client work yourself, as required, and contribute to the World Words blog and Twitter.
• Source photos, videos and other multimedia to supplement written content.
• Liaise directly with clients when putting together briefs and submitting completed work.
• Contribute to marketing and promotional efforts on behalf of World Words.
This role requires you to:
• Be a first-class copy editor with a background in editing and writing print and online content.
• Have a proven track record of generating original and exciting travel content in a variety of different forms, from feature articles to travel guides, web copy to press releases.
• Display perfect spelling and grammar, with meticulous proof-reading skills, an understanding of variations between British and US English, and an ability to sub-edit/write in both forms.
• Complete your work to tight time frames, and never ever miss a deadline.
• Display an understanding of SEO, social media marketing, CMS and HTML.
• Show a genuine passion for travel and culture and have extensive personal travel experience (there are extra points for experience living abroad and/or knowledge of a second language).
Here’s an outline of the terms:
• This position involves an initial 15 hours per week, with overtime as and when required.
• You can schedule your hours as you wish, but you must be available on email all day Monday to Friday.
• Candidates must be available to work from early July 2016 for an initial six months.
• This is a freelance contract, so you will be responsible for your own tax return etc.
• The fixed rate for this position is £225 per week, with overtime at a rate of £15 per hour.
• A detailed timesheet must be submitted at the end of each month showing work completed.
Interested? To apply for this job, send your CV and a portfolio work to us via this contact form. Alternatively, you can submit your application through Indeed. Applications close at 6pm (GMT +1) on Monday 27th June.